Refuge for Nations makes its Public Debut at Lansing 5:01 Runway on the Runway Fashion Show
Refuge for Nations made its public debut to the high fashion community in the Lansing 5:01 Runway on the Runway fashion show that took place Tuesday, July 18! With vintage and service planes (some actually in flight) used as the backdrop, it was a night to remember for R.f.N.! The excitement and energy of the show continued well after R.f.N. took its final steps off the runway with exotic and American food favorites, dancing at the silent disco (yes, it was as awesome as it sounds) aerialists, and plenty of unique and inspiring vendors, including yours truly, Refuge for Nations!
A special thank you to our R.f.N. traveling team:
- Cynthia – R.f.N.’s Beloved Visionary (to jean-finity and beyond!)
- Naz – Model Talent Coach & Stylist Extraordinaire (making sure the R.f.N. beauties were stylish and poised)
- Shakeela & Shireen -Assistant Stylists and Seamstresses (you mean, you put this together in how many days?!)
- Lynne – R.f.N.’s resident Jill of All Trades (seriously, she thinks of everything)
Thanks to the Refuge for Nations Models who walked R.f.N.’s talk on the Runway on the Runway strip:
- Mikayla – (she can paint a smokey eye and pray you out of trouble)
- Fran – (she’s got joy in her heart and it shines)
- Sara – (sweet-hearted and hard -working even after the curtain closes)
- Erica – (like, the girl is a walking Pantene commercial)
- Brandi – (she came through after a case of the nerves- Thanks God)
Finally, thank you to the numerous volunteers, well-wishers, prayer partners and intercessors, bag holders, phone call makers, message takers, van buddies, impromptu photographers, vendor table sitters, baggers and taggers and everyone else who encouraged and helped R.f.N. on this journey. We thank you, we love you and we are so excited about the next steps of this journey God is leading us on.
And finally, because we know what you’ve been waiting for, please keep watching us at refugefornations.com; we’ll be loading fabulous footage and picture highlights from the show. Til then, here’s a video of R.f.N’s walk segment and a few other shots from the show. Enjoy and God bless!